Community Outreach provides opportunities for our instructors and students to bring the art and beauty of ballet to those that cannot make into our studios and provide performance opportunities for our instructors and students. Our students gain valuable performance experience and earn services hours towards high-school graduation.
A few of our community outreach endeavors include:
- Wilson Elementary School in Neenah as part of the after school high risk program. We teach after school classes to preschool through elementary level children( a 2 year collaboration and continuing) through the TCCES ( Twin Cities Catholic Education System) (5 year collaboration and continuing)
- Our students perform 3-4 full length ballets at a variety of Nursing homes throughout the year.
- Nutcracker in the castle in collaboration with the Paine Art Center in Oshkosh, WI.
- Performances provided during the July 4th Community Fest in Neenah, Wisconsin- an ongoing 14 year collaboration with the City of Neenah
- A Very Neenah Christmas – an ongoing 12 year collaboration with the City of Neenah.
- Lake Arts Project collaboration with regional artists, select high school art programs, and dancers and choreographers from Milwaukee Ballet, Milwaukee Ballet School and Valley Academy for the Arts.
- Valley Academy for the Arts provides teaching resources and dance space for the Neenah Parks and Recreation Dance Program. Please contact the Neenah Parks and Recreation Department at 920-886-6060 for class information.
If you are interested in supporting our community outreach programs, click here
Vision Dance Theater
Vision Dance Theater is a non-profit, semi-professional ballet company led by Valley Academy’s Artistic Director Anne Marie Brunner-Abderholden. The dance company is striving to further enhance the training and artistic experience of an extraordinary group of young dancers. Vision Dance Theater serves as a stepping stone for young committed people toward a professional career, along with providing enriching experiences to those young dancers who may not aspire to a professional career, but are dancing for pleasure. Valley Academy for the Arts is the resident Ballet School for the Vision Dance Theater.
Current company members range in age from 10-17 years old. Auditions for the company are in early September and are open to any child age 10 and up, with previous dance experience.
Company members get a range of performance opportunities throughout the year, such as “Nutcracker in the Castle”, a collaborative effort with the Paine Arts Center and Gardens (Oshkosh WI), the Spring Concert (full length feature ballets) and performances with Badger State Girl Choir. Past productions include “Hansel and Gretel”, “Where the Wild Things Are”, “Twelve Dancing Princesses”, and “Sleeping Beauty”.
For information on the Vision Dance Theater, contact us.
For more information on the Nutcracker in the Castle, click here.